As all available information will indicate, there is only one way to make original dubstep beats online, and that is to use the program called Dubturbo.
However, it is advised that you do download desktop version of the application, as the performance is much faster.
How Does It Work:
This great sequencing platform is capable of making all kinds of digital beats, though is particularly suitable for Dubstep music, as the interface is just so very easy for everyone to learn how to use.
To produce a Dubstep track in this platform, follow this outline:
1. Have a track in mind that perhaps you may wish to draw inspiration from. At least have it established in you mind whether it is going to be a hardcore alternative track or maybe a slower melodic beat. With this program you can use your keyboard to trigger the different drum sounds, as you would if you had an external drum machine/pad.
2. Like any beat sequencing, we are going to lay out your kick drum first. There are a number of different drum sounds/kits available, but we always recommend to use the first one that loads, and worry about changing and tweaking the sounds later. This is only for the basic programming.
3. Obviously the snare comes next and place them wherever you desire.
4. Do the same with your hi-hats, though try to mix them up a little to make things interesting. (As opposed to having the same timing through every bar)
5. Use the piano to program in your bass melody. Again, just use any old sound but do get your melody right. For such a track as we are creating here, the bass lines really do not need to be too crazy, just a few notes per bar are how some of the biggest tracks are designed.
6. Additional instruments can be added now. Choose some cool sounds, and write in your melodies, but I suggest you don’t over do it, as you still need to tweak your sounds (especially the bass!).
7. Add your samples now, choosing them from the vast range of included samples in the standard package. Finished all the other tracks, as per the details in the previous steps.
8. Mix down the completed track (set your volumes) and export the new song to your computer in your desired output format.
Online Vs Desktop:
With Dubturbo, there are two options for how you, the user, can engage the software. Almost every user ends up downloading a version to their computer, though the option to strictly use it live online is available.
As touched on at the top of this article, the greatest complaint for users of online sequencing platforms (as rare as such users are) is the fact the application runs way too slow.
This slow “latency” issue, really is unavoidable when you are talking about programming and playing back music in realtime. Triggering drums with your keyboard seems to be the most frustrating part with the online version.
Having a complete downloaded version running on your desktop will solve all these issues.
Click The Download Button To Visit Dubturbo Homepage